Eyrir Invest’s team consists of three dedicated professionals with advanced qualifications and wide-ranging business experience. Eyrir’s policy is to attract highly competitive professionals and offer competitive compensation.
Eyrir Invest encourages its employees to increase their knowledge consistently, particularly by continuous education.
Magnusson is co-founder and chairman of the Board of Eyrir Invest. Prior to that, Magnusson was the CFO at Eimskip for over 20 years, and held seat on the boards of numerous Icelandic companies and organizations on behalf of Eimskip.
- Chairman of the Board of SagaMedica, Handpoint, eTactica and the Chairman of the Investment Board of Eyrir Sprotar
- Board member of many Icelandic companies, including, Byko, Norvik and Sæbýli.
- Former Board member of Stork Technical Services, Iceland Chamber of Commerceand theReykjavik University. Former Vice-Chairman of Ossur hf.
- MBA degree from the University of Minnesota
- Cand.Oecon in Business Administration from the University of Iceland
MD of Operations
Margret Jonsdottir has been employed at Eyrir Invest since 2004 when she was appointed CFO of the company. Prior to joining Eyrir Invest, Jonsdottir worked as Director of Accounting and Budgeting at MasterCard, Iceland. Jonsdottir was also the Director of Finance at the Industrial Loan Fund, later FBA Investment Bank, which subsequently merged with Islandsbanki. At FBA Investment Bank, Jonsdottir headed the Accounting and Budgeting department.
Signy Sif Sigurdardottir
MD of Funding
Signy joined Eyrir Invest in 2021. She worked at Landsvirkjun from 2015 until 2021, as Treasuer from 2017 and as Head of Cash Management from 2015 to 2017. Before joining Landsvirkjun she worked for 8 years in the financial sector in Iceland. From 2010 to 2015 Signy worked at Landsbanki Islands hf. (now LBI hf.) on asset recovery and financial restructuring and prior to that at Arion bank in financial restructuring and Kaupthing in asset and liability management.
- M.Sc degree in Operations Research from Columbia University
- B.Sc degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Iceland
Sigfus Ragnar Oddsson
MD of Funding
Oddsson previously worked at Landsbanki Islands hf. (now LBI hf.) as a Senior Director of Corporate Banking. Prior to that, Oddsson was employed as an Associate at UK based Landsbanki Securities. He has held a number of board positions on behalf of his previous employers and is an FSA Approved Person for Corporate Finance.